Granite and Quartz counter tops have become so popular, it seems, they are showing up everywhere from small square footage “starter new construction” to huge, upscale “remodels.” When designing your dream kitchen, natural stone can be one of the most exciting choices a consumer can make. Stone counter tops consistently receive the highest overall performance ratings as a kitchen counter top material.
However, when you invest in counter tops for your home, you are not simply buying stone. You’re buying the company’s performance level and ability to lead you through an important series of choices that will make the critical difference in the finished quality of your kitchen design.
For you to receive value from every dollar invested in your kitchen and bathroom countertops, you need an informed, reputable and experienced resource that is committed to leading and supporting you through the process.
- Does the company specialize in granite counter tops for residential homes or are they a “big-box” retailer or pickup truck proprietor selling counter tops to be made by someone else, somewhere else? There is no substitute for dealing directly with LOCAL experts who DESIGN, FABRICATE and INSTALL comprehensive custom solutions.
- Does the company offer a showroom? Can the company show you an inventory of stone slab selections and sinks? Be wary of anyone who isn’t able to invite you to their showroom. Do they genuinely have the resources, experience, product knowledge and skill to guide you through the maze of decisions that differentiate a great result from a major disappointment?
- Does the company have knowledgeable professionals to lead you through the selection process and provide you with product, design and process knowledge versus making you ask all the questions?
- Does the company maintain their own fabrication facility? Will the company show up at your job site with finished counter tops or will they cut and fabricate them from the back of their truck? Quality results require a properly equipped facility staffed by a properly trained team. Be wary of vendors using standardized, pre-cut pieces of natural stone. All projects are unique and a cookie cutter approach will look pieced together and simply will not compare to the beauty and quality of work that is tailored to your specifications.
- Does the company employ their own staff of professionals? Your best choice for quality results is a company that provides a turnkey process that does not include sub-contractors who are paid only for their installation and are not part of the company culture and staff.
- Does the company have a reliable process for scheduling? When you order your counter tops, you should receive an installation date that is taken seriously by your provider, not an approximate date.